A Dime a Day

The cheapest days to buy products

Intro

Because of technology advancements, chain stores have more insight on buying trends than ever, and they’re using it to their advantage. Most consumers believe that all products are at their lowest prices on Black Friday, but research concludes otherwise.

Retailers promote some items at their cheapest on the shopping holiday, but they still make a profit through selling products that are actually higher than their average yearly price.

Read which days you should be buying your products to get the best deals.

Monday

Electronics

Electronic retailers such as Best Buy, Abt and J&R apply manufacturer rebates on Mondays. Deals for TVs, cameras, video games and tablets are more prevalent on Mondays to draw customers in earlier in the week.

Cars

Car lots are relatively empty on Mondays, allowing the customer to have a higher chance to negotiate a better deal. Dealers often compensate from any losses in their weekly sales goal on Mondays.

ABC News

Tuesday

Airfare

Airline tickets are higher over the weekend, so airlines provide discounts for tickets on Tuesdays. Fewer people fly on Tuesdays, so they try to attract more riders by lowering their ticket prices.

ABC News

Restaurants

Diners are generally busier later in the week. They offer exclusive Tuesday deals like discounted appetizers, free kids meals and half-prices drinks to keep traffic in their restaurant.

For the best savings through the rest of the week, check out the full story at BallBearingsMag.com