Super pop culture catch up

Erin Gladieux is a junior telecommunications and journalism major and writes ‘Pop Culture Catch Up’ for the Daily News. Her views do not necessarily reflect those of the paper. Write to Erin at engladieux@bsu.edu

Kim K “Breaks the Internet”

Not only was Kim Kardashian not paid to do a nude spread in this month’s PAPER magazine, but it was her idea to show off her “assets.” 

The appropriately-titled shoot, “Break the Internet,” didn’t literally break it, but it did create quite the stir, earning her the top trending topic on social media. The editorial director of the magazine, Mickey Boardman, said, "Kim's attitude was, ‘If we're gonna do it, let's really go there.' And it was her idea to take off her clothes and show more than her butt. But we [at PAPER] didn't say, ‘Let's do a cover with your butt hanging out.' She said she was willing to take her clothes off, and one thing lead to another." 

As for the whole not being paid thing, a rep from the magazine told E! News that PAPER has never paid anyone to be on its cover.

“Honey Boo Boo” Scandal Continues

In an exclusive episode of Dr. Phil that airs Nov. 17, June “Mama June” Shannon denies ever putting her kids in danger by taking them around child molester Mark McDaniel. She’s even claiming that the pictures of her (and her youngest daughter Alana “Honey Boo Boo” Thompson) are photoshopped. 

Apparently things get pretty heated on the show when Dr. Phil calls her out on her lies. The “Mama” under fire is also claiming that the show “has caved and will pay her full salary to her.” But sources at TLC are saying otherwise.

Cake Boss gets DWI

"Cake Boss"s Buddy Valastro has been charged with a DWI and DWAI in New York City early Thursday morning. After Valastro failed a sobriety test, he was taken to central booking in Manhattan for arraignment. 

Officers said he was driving erratically, swerving between lanes, had bloodshot, watery eyes and was unsteady on his feet.

The father of four later released a statement saying, “To all my family, friends, fans and supporters, please know that I want to share and explain to you what happened today and I look forward to doing so at a later date. I appreciate your support and understanding as we handle things privately as a family." 

TLC’s “Cake Boss” took off in 2009 following around the family’s business, Carlo’s Bakery, in Hoboken, N.J.

The Osbournes return!

After nearly a decade of being off the air as a family, the Osbournes want to show the world how they have grown. Sharon Osbourne revealed on Tuesday’s episode of "The Talk" that the popular MTV reality show, "The Osbournes," will be back on your home screen. 

Although MTV will not be airing what Sharon is referring to as an “update” rather than a “proper series,” filming is hoped to start early next year. "At most, there will only be six to eight episodes and a catch-up on our lives and where we are now, because it's been so long since we've been seen as a family and our family has grown," Sharon said. "We have a granddaughter and a gorgeous daughter-in-law." 

"The Osbournes" won an Emmy for Outstanding Reality TV Program back in 2002. And she is also saying that it was all Ozzy’s idea. "It was all my husband's doing," she told her co-hosts. "He looked back on his life and he said, 'I wish we could have done 'The Osbournes' now, where I'm clean and sober.'" 

The hit show that ran from 2002-2005 followed the Black Sabbath singer and his family around and into the daily life of a rock star.