Student needs votes in singing competition

One Ball State student has the chance to audition for "The Voice."

But Lauren Hall, the Ball State student, needs votes.

Hall has made the top 10 in the Chicago region for EXTRA’s "The Voice" Bootcamp Experience, an online contest, and the winner gets a makeover from a "Voice" stylist, a lesson from "The Voice" vocal coach, an audition with a casting director from "The Voice" and gets to sing on EXTRA with Mario Lopez.

“Recently, I have been entering online contests and found this one, and I just need people to vote,” Hall said. “I am in a close race for second right now, and I just thinking that if Ball State was behind me, we could win this. It wouldn’t just be a win for me, but for Ball State. And who doesn’t want someone from Ball State on ["The Voice"]?”

This is Lauren’s fourth attempt trying out for "The Voice" and each time, she has made it further in the auditioning process. The first time she auditioned, they told her “we’re giving you a 'maybe,'” but she never got the call.

The next year, she won an online contest where the top three winners were able to jump to the front of the line and skip the waiting. She again got the “maybe” and after no call by 9, she thought she lost again.

However, Hall got the call the next day and sang in front of more producers and did an on-camera interview, but did not make it.

The third time she auditioned was in January, and they took notice that she had been through this process before.

For her fourth try, it might be with the help of Ball State.

“My dream would be sharing my passion with the world, just being able to be doing what I love for a living," Hall said.

She submitted a video of herself singing "Hallelujah" for the contest because she likes to sing songs “that have passion and I can pour my soul into.”

To vote for her, the website is voicetheextra.rally.org/laurenhall and people can vote once a day.