REVIEW: Taco Bell breakfast menu released and tasted

Jacob Burbrink is a senior telecommunications major. His views do not necessarily reflect those of Unified Media. Write to Jacob at jmburbrink@bsu.edu.

Taco Bells around the area released their new breakfast menu Thursday morning, introducing menu items such as the breakfast burrito, A.M. crunch wrap and the waffle taco.

Waffle Taco: B-

9839_dsc_0185o.jpeg

The Waffle Taco is a waffle filled with eggs, cheese and either bacon or sausage. The taste of the item is as strange as the name. Biting into the taco the fist thing that hits is the waffle. It is not as sweet as the promotion says but it adds structure to the eggs. The sausage taco is supposed to be made with a sausage patty but on some they use pieces of sausage instead. The syrup that comes with the taco adds a bit more flavor to the taco but not enough to give it more than a B- grade.

A.M. Crunchwrap: B

9837_dsc_0176o.jpeg

The A.M. Crunchwrap resembles the traditional Taco Bell Crunchwrap with a twist. Inside the item is a hash brown topped with eggs, cheese and either steak sausage or bacon. The hash brown has a nice crunch to it and the steak version is quite filling. The item looses points because it does not have the kick that the regular Crunchwrap provides.

A.M. Grilled Taco: B

9836_dsc_0191o.jpeg

The A.M. Grilled Taco is a combination of eggs, cheese and either bacon or sausage. This item is very portable friendly and stands up well to varied temperatures. The fact that they grill it allows it to keep its shape while being eaten.

Sausage Flatbread Melt: C

9840_dsc_0186o.jpeg

The Sausage Flatbread melt is sausage and cheese grilled in a flatbread. This is an interesting addition to the breakfast menu but it seems out of place with the rest of the menu items that feature eggs with the meat. If someone is just interested in having a quick bite of sausage and cheese on the go it is good but it lacks in flavor.

Breakfast Burrito: A

9841_dsc_0180o.jpeg

The clear winner of the breakfast menu would have to be the Breakfast Burrito. The burrito is stuffed with eggs, cheese and either steak, bacon or sausage. This item stands the best when traveled and is filled with flavor.

The breakfast menu is available at most Taco Bell locations from the store’s opening hours until 11 a.m. Stores that offer the breakfast menu can be located with the store locator on Taco Bell’s website.