Pop culture catch up

Feuds, secrets, a trip down memory lane

Sources: E! News

Miley and Katy … Is there a feud?
All this back and forth between the two pop stars is getting a little confusing. The “Wrecking Ball” singer let her famous tongue go when she kissed Katy Perry at her Los Angeles concert last month. “I just walked up to her to give her a like a friendly girl kiss, as girls do,” Perry then said she was surprised Cyrus went for more. “God knows where that tongue has been. We don’t know. The tongue is so infamous!” It looks like Miley isn’t taking it lightly because the singer fired back on Twitter saying “Girl if ur worried abt where tongues have been good thing ur ex boo is ur EX BOO cause we ALL know where THAT [tongue] been.” In the most recent Twitter exchange, Perry said she is going to give Cyrus the “BIGGEST spanking.” Miley has yet to respond, but it’s not like she can stay off Twitter for long. Maybe they should just kiss and make up already, literally.

Michael Jackson’s secret love child!
A 99.9 percent DNA match to the late King of Pop has people questioning whether or not singer Brandon Howard is really his son. It sure sounds like it, not to mention his looks are exactly like the late pop singer’s. Beverly Hills dental surgeon, Joseph Goodman, claimed he bought a dental device that belonged to the “Thriller” singer at an auction and it had his DNA on it. Howard posted a video before the results were in saying “It seems a lot of people are speaking on my behalf. I never proclaimed to be his son.” But this is where things start to look a little crazy. Howard’s dad is gospel singer Miki “Billy” Howard who knew Jackson in the early 1980s. Brandon was born in 1982, just one year before Michael’s hit “Billie Jean” was released. And as we all know, the famous song denies the paternity of a child. It all seems a little fishy, but we may never know if Jackson has another child.

A trip down memory lane?
Aaron Carter and Hilary Duff dated more than 14 years ago but it seems that he is still not completely over her. After the “I Want Candy” singer retweeted a photo of the 26-year-old actress, Carter then posted, “Don’t be that stupid douche that loses the love of your live forever..Like me…” He then added, “I’ll spend the rest of my life trying to better myself to get back to her. I don’t care what ANY of you think.” This comes just in the wake of news that Duff and husband Mike Comrie of four years are separating. Maybe he’s using this as an opportunity to reunite with his ex? We don’t know how that is going to turn out, seeing as Carter broke up with Duff after rumors swirled he hooked up with Lindsay Lohan. “I was dating [Hilary] for like a year and a half, and then I just got a little bored, so I went and started getting to know Lindsay, dating Lindsay.” We all know how that famous love triangle turned out; all three eventually went their separate ways. We’ll just have to wait to see if anything happens between the former couple.

Erin Gladieux is a junior telecommunications and journalism major and writes ‘Pop Culture Catch Up’ for the Daily News. Her views do not necessarily reflect those of the paper. Write to Erin at engladieux@bsu.edu