Quad Bash to provide entertainment for students

Students gather close to the stage to watch the performance at Quad Bash on August 24th, 2012. The annual event is a draw for many college students. DN FILE PHOTO LOGAN WINSLOW

Live music, free ice cream and a craft will be available to students at the annual Quad Bash to celebrate the beginning of the school year.

The David Owsley Museum of Art will officially open tomorrow at 6 p.m. in conjunction with the annual Quad Bash.

The museum will contain more than 500 works representing major world civilizations on six continents. The museum will serve free ice cream to help cool off its guests.

Aside from art, attendees can enjoy free food, beverages and four different inflatables for the end of Welcome Week. Kalyn McDaniel, one of UPB’s directors, said the live music this year is not to be missed.

“Ball State’s very own student DJ Matas Olsauskas will begin the show,” she said.

A band native to Indianapolis, Gentlemen, will follow Olsauskas.

Other events will include a performance from Ball State’s dance team Code Red, a meet and greet with some athletic coaches and an appearance from Charlie Cardinal.

The craft for the evening is “spin art,” McDaniel said. She called it a stylish way to decorate a personalized Frisbee.

At 8:30 p.m. students will have the chance to win in a drawing for a big screen TV. At the end of the activities, The Quad Bash will conclude with a viewing of the "Fast and Furious 6" on the jumbotron at 9 p.m.