Carter Milleman, a senior nursing major, and Steven Putnam, a senior sales and promotions major, are attempting to hug for 30 hours, trying to beat the current world record of 24 hours and 33 minutes.
Are they still hugging?
Guidelines for longest hug:
• Must be continuous and both arms must be wrapped around each other at all times during the full embrace.
• If embrace weakens or parts, the couple is immediately disqualified.
• Contestants must be over the age of consent.
• The couple must be awake at all times.
• The contestants must stand during the attempt and cannot be propped together by any aids, such as pillows, cushions or people.
• No rest breaks are allowed.
• Diapers are not allowed.
• The couple must not leave the venue during the attempt.