5 devious, simple pranks to make the most of April Fools’ Day

Today is not a national holiday, but it has ties all the way to the 1300s. Once mentioned in the Canterbury Tales, April 1 is commonly recognized and celebrated with practical jokes galore. There is no better time to mess with someone than April Fools’ Day, but 20-plus years of prank pulling leads to most originality being gone. Toothpaste has been put in place of Oreo cream, rubber bands have been wound around sink sprayers and soap has failed to suds due to a good coat of clear nail polish. This is the year to update your pranks with five new hoaxes:

Deceiving Diet Soda

Supplies:

-Lemon lime soda

-Bottle or packets of soy sauce

- Empty diet soda bottle

1. Take a lemon lime soda and add soy sauce until the color closely matches that of diet cola.

2. Mix together in bottle of lemon lime soda by gently tilting back and forth but be careful not too shake to vigorously. You don’t want to end up with soda everywhere and the fizz is important for your target’s oblivion.

3. Once the soda and soy sauce are combined, pour into a diet soda bottle and put cap on tightly to seal in the smell and the remaining carbonation.

4. Wait for target to indulge in one of the worst beverages imaginable.

Eye See You

Supplies:

-Googly eyes

-Glue 

-Access to targeted person’s refrigerator and all of its contents

1. Glue googly eyes on every single item in one’s refrigerator. 

2. Are there multiple eggs in a carton or string cheese sticks in a bag? Make sure every individual item receives a means of sight.

*Also works well for office supplies in desk drawers.

Milk Mishap 

Supplies:

-White liquid glue

-A smooth surface (piece of plastic or glass works best)

-Bar of soap

-Knife 

1.) Rub the bar of soap on a smooth surface. This makes it easier to remove “milk” once it is fully dried.

2.) Draw an outline of “milk splatter” and then fill in completely with glue. Make sure to keep the glue thickness consistent. This will make removal easier.

3.) Place glue covered, smooth surface to the side and away from any obstruction. Even the slightest breeze from a heating and cooling vent can cause your fake splatter to ripple and look fake.

4.) Wait until glue is completely dry before trying to peel off of the surface. This can take 6-10 hours depending on how large and thick you made your splatter.

5.) Very slowly and carefully peel off the splatter. Lifting the edges up with a knife can make this process much easier.

6.) Place milk splatter on your target’s laptop keyboard or other beloved electronic device and await his or her reaction. 

Foil Flop

Supplies: 

-Large quantity of foil (the more the better)

-Access to target’s bedroom

1.) This prank is simple; wrap absolutely every visible thing in foil. Pillows, individual drawers, pencils, perfume bottles, art on walls, televisions, etc.)

2.) The crinkling of foil alone will make watching your target unwrap everything all the more hilarious.

Mouse Mayhem

Supplies:

-A wireless mouse

- Access to a nearby friend’s computer’s UBS port

1.) Plug in the USB of the wireless mouse into the target’s computer so he or she won’t notice.

2.) Slowly start to move his or her mouse around the screen from a remote location as they are type or try to work.