WOMEN'S BASKETBALL: Cardinals look to kick start offense

Ball State travels to on struggling Ohio

On Tuesday, coach Kelly Packard gathered her team in the film room, turned on the video from the Buffalo game, and made a clear point to her team.

"We're going to teach and re-teach on the facts of that game," Packard said.

The facts from the game against the Bulls last Saturday weren't pretty, as the Cardinals scored 38 points, their worst point total since losing 78-36 at Ohio in 1996.

The Cardinals (8-15, 3-7) will look to rebound when they travel to Ohio for their final cross-divisional conference matchup of the season.

Packard said the most important focus will be for her team to understand the task at hand.

"This team isn't going to respond to tremendous amounts of pressure," Packard said. "Right now they've got to know, here's the facts. Here's what's true about Ohio. Here's what they're good at. This is how we're going to address what they're good at."

The Cardinals will square off with the Bobcats, who have dropped two straight and four of their last five. While the Bobcats have struggled of late, Packard said it's crucial for her team to play mistake free.

"Dribble penetration for us on the defensive end will be huge," Packard said. "They've got some players that do a nice job of getting the ball into the middle of the paint. Working on initial footwork and then containing and directing what we want within our defense will be important."

Offensively, the Cardinals have spent a considerable amount of time working on their zone offense, as well as shooting the ball. Packard said it's important to put the ball in the basket more and more during practice.

For more coverage on Ball State women's basketball, follow @Pozzbsu on Twitter.