MEN'S BASKETBALL: Ball State aims to keep home record intact vs. Western Michigan

Broncos will compete with two Preseason All-MAC selections

Ball State will put its perfect 6-0 home record on the line today as it hosts its first conference opponent of the season against Western Michigan.

The Cardinals are on a two-game winning streak, while the Broncos have won five out of their last six games.

The Broncos bring many weapons to the floor. They have two Preseason All- Mid-American Conference selections in guard Demetrius Ward and forward Flenard Whitfield.

Ward is second in scoring for Western Michigan (6-8) averaging 13 points while the Broncos are led by Matt Stainbrook who averages 13.4 points.

Whitfield has missed the past six games due to an injury. Before his injury, he was averaging over 10 points per game and led the Broncos in rebounding.

Ball State (8-4) is led by its own Preseason All-MAC selections; forward Jarrod Jones and point guard Randy Davis.

Jones leads the Cardinals with 17.8 points per contest, which ranks him second in the conference in scoring. Davis leads the point with 80 totals assists this season while adding almost eight points per game.

The all-time series between the two teams gives a slight advantage to the Broncos who lead it by a 57-56 margin.