Excellence in leadership to team up with improv group

Tonight the Excellence in Leadership program will be hosting their third workshop of the Fall Semester.

The workshop is being presented by ComedySportz Indianapolis, an improvisational comedy act, and will be held from 7 until 9 p.m. in Cardinal Hall at the L.A. Pittenger Student Center.

The main focus of the workshop will be to teach interested participants about body language, Mitch Isaacs, associate director of Student Life, said.

"The idea is to teach folks what body language is," Isaacs said. "And how to read and recognize it."

The workshop will be open to the public, but Isaacs encourages those who are interested to go ahead and register with EIL if they haven't already done so.

The workshop is a part of phase one of Ball State's two year Excellence in Leadership Program. "Phase one" requirements are for first year participants in EIL.

According to an email sent out by the program, the workshop is also great for faculty and staff members to use as a form of group development.

Isaacs encourages those who are interested in what the program offers to look out for weekly emails with information about workshops and other opportunities that ELI offers.

Isaacs also said this is not your average workshop.

The point of using comedy actors is to take something that is informational and turn it into something more interesting and exciting, according to an EIL promotional email.

"It's going to be a lot of fun," Isaacs said. "If you're coming, don't expect to sit. You'll be moving around."

Those interested in the workshop do not need to be registered in order to participate.