Adult Swim to hold block party for Ball State

A network known for its bizarre and occasionally risque programming will invade downtown Muncie this weekend.

Adult Swim will host a block party from 7 to 11 p.m Sunday.

The event will take place at the southwest corner of Adams and High streets, behind Doc's Music Hall and The Silo.

Emily Gazda, the director of fundraising for the Ball State faction of the American Advertising Federation, is leading a team of 18 student ambassadors who were hired by the company to help promote the event.

"We were basically hired as a street team," Garzda, junior advertising major, said.

As student representatives of the event, Garzda and her team are responsible for handing out free items and promoting the event on social media sites like Facebook.

The exclusive event is part of the Adult Swim Fall Block Party tour, which started Oct. 16 and will wrap up Nov. 13 at Texas Tech University.

The tour is stopping by 10 different college towns.

One worry that Garzda has is that the location of the event might have an effect on the amount of students who are able to attend.

"If they want the student turnout that they're looking for, it would make more sense to have it on campus," Garzda said.

The event is for ages 18 and over and is free.

There will be food, games and prizes handed out by the network. There will also be a performance by Dam-Funk, a Los Angeles area musician known as the "ambassador of boogie funk."

More information is available at adultswimpresents.com