WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL: Middle blocker Kah verbally commits to Ball State

Junior will join Cardinals as a freshman in 2012

Farfield (OH) junior middle blocker Mallorie Kah has verbally committed to Ball State, according to Fairfield women's volleyball coach Michael Berkemeier.

The 6-foot-2 middle blocker accumulated 25 kills an attack percentage of .270 in 55 games played during the 2010 fall season.

Berkmeier gave Kah a glowing review on her chances of making an impact for Fairfield in her senior season as well as at Ball State in her college career.

"Her senior year, I couldn't even tell you the potential of where she could be. There's so many possibilities of how good she can get," he said. "We as a coaching staff are 100 percent excited about what her possibilities are going to be even in her senior year of high school, let alone [how] she develops in college with Ball State."

The coaching staff also recognized Kah as having a special attitude toward coaching.

"When a coach is talking, she is listening and she is learning, which is not a common factor for many players," Berkmeier said. "That element, complimented by her experience, will add a large element to our team."

Kah will play out her senior season in 2011 and join Ball State as a freshman in 2012. 

Ball State coach Steve Shondell was unable to comment due to NCAA recruiting restrictions.