FIELD HOCKEY: Ball State hosts two home matches this weekend

The field hockey team has two home conference games this weekend. Ball State will play Ohio at 3 p.m. Friday, and then face Kent State on the BSU Turf Field for a 1 p.m. game Sunday.

Sunday is Ball State's Think Pink game, supporting The Cancer Center at Ball Memorial Hospital.

Ohio enters Friday's matchup with an 8-7 record and tied for first in the Mid-American Conference at 4-1. Ball State is fourth in the conference with a 5-7 overall and 2-3 conference record.

Ohio goalkeeper Courtney Seiders is the reigning MAC Defensive Player of the Week. Seiders is seventh in the nation with a .800 save percentage.

"Courtney is very tall, so she has a really big presence in the goal, so lifts over her is probably going to be one of the keys to scoring." midfielder Devanny Kuhn said.

Earlier this season, the Bobcats trampled the Cardinals in a 7-0 shutout win at home.

"Ohio likes to suffocate us, so we have to go around them" Kuhn said.

Kuhn was named Co-Offensive Player of the Week along with Kent State's Debbie Bell.

"Debbie is a really good player. She's a very good forward. I'm excited to share [the honor] with her," Kuhn said.

Kent State (8-6, 3-2 MAC) is in third in the conference. The Golden Flashes recorded an 8-2 win against the Cardinals earlier this.

"We're really excited for this weekend," midfielder Gretchen Lulow said. "I think we are a totally different team than the team that played against Kent and Ohio the last time we played."