Men and women clash in Battle of the Sexes

While the battle was small, it didn't make the first Battle of the Sexes philanthropy event any less successful.

The event was sponsored by Sigma Kappa and included teams from Alpha Tau Omega, Sigma Alpha Epsilon, Phi Sigma Kappa and Delta Zeta.

With such a busy weekend at the end of the semester, it was small yet successful competition, Emily Colson, foundations chair of Sigma Kappa, said.

"It was a great event. The guys were doing the diaper changing station and they had no idea how to do it," she said. "They were really laughing and having a good time."

During the event, Ball Gym was split into separate areas for different games where the teams of men and teams of women played against each other for three rounds. In each round, one game was geared toward men's talents, one toward women's talents while the last was gender-neutral.

As teams rotated throughout the course, the winning teams advanced to the championship game — an obstacle course. There were also awards handed out for the most creative team name, which was given to Alpha Tau Omega for their team name, "Awesomely Testosterone-Packed Ogres," and to Delta Zeta sorority for its team name, "Mighty Mighty Turtles."

Delta Zeta was the winner of the Battle of the Sexes and the only sorority with a team at the event.

Kayla Dalton, Sigma Kappa member, said while there was one winner, it was great to have such support from sorority sisters and fraternity brothers.

She said the events are important to the sorority because they are creating awareness and financial assistance for Alzheimer's disease research and to bring the greek community together.

The Sigma Kappa Foundation provides scholarships to active student members and alumnae. The sorority also supports gerontology research, the study of aging, with a focus on Alzheimer's disease research.