Two computers missing

Health Center reports SGA gifts as stolen; no suspects identified

Two computers intended to provide students with relief from long waits at the Amelia T. Wood Health Center were stolen before they were installed.

Medical Director Kent Bullis said he filed reports late last week with Ball State police claiming two desktop computers and keyboards were stolen from a back office in the clinic.

The computers were two of three that Student Government Association donated to the Health Center, Bullis said. The third computer was stored in another room, he said.

There was no indication of forced entry, Bullis said.

"We have an alarm system that we turn on at night, and the building is locked when we're gone," he said. "It really bums me out that it happened. I'm really grateful for SGA for helping us out."

SGA President Betsy Mills said the organization acquired the computers as part of its platform.

"At the Health Center, you have to wait a while," she said. "We thought it might be a good idea to get students computers so they could keep up on their studies."

SGA Chief of Staff Tyler Crain said the organization did not have to pay for the computers because officers arranged for University Computing Services to donate old ones to the Health Center.

The Health Center received the computers near the end of Fall Semester, Crain said.

Crain said he contacted Bullis to see if he could help, but Bullis told him there was nothing he could do.