Muse, Razorlight coming to Emens

mtvU's 'Campus Invasion '05 Tour' makes Muncie stop

Ball State University is once again preparing for an invasion. mtvU's "Campus Invasion '05 Tour" will make its second stop in a year at Ball State Sunday, presenting their complete interactive village in LaFollette Field and giving students the opportunity to see two of the United Kingdom's biggest bands --- Muse and Razorlight.

The interactive village, which will be open to students between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. Sunday, lets students participate in activities such as video-game competitions, physical challenges, makeovers and T-shirt designing. mtvU cameras will also be on-hand to interview students, showcase Ball State and giveaway VIP tickets to the night's concert to be held at Emens Auditorium.

mtvU General Manager Stephen Friedman said that he is happy to give the two groups exposure to students in the U.S.

"We wanted bands that were on the cusp of blowing up. College students seem to know these bands a little better than the general public so we wanted to give them a chance to see them first," Friedman said. "Muse and Razorlight are huge in the U.K. and all of Europe, but they're just making a name for themselves in the U.S. We're really excited to present these bands to students. 'Absolution,' the latest release from Muse, is one of my favorite albums this year."

"The Campus Invasion Tour has had tremendous success over its eight year history, and this year's move to mtvU is an exciting new chapter," said Joe Armenia, VP of Music Marketing & Promotions, MTV, MTV2 and mtvU. "mtvU is a dedicated proving ground for talented up-and-coming bands to directly connect with college music fans, and we couldn't be more excited to support Muse and Razorlight by welcoming them to this year's tour."

mtvU came to campus last semester to hold video-jockey auditions and a concert for California rockers Sugarcult. As for future Campus Invasion tours, Friedman says that the key to putting on a good show is timing.

"We try to stay on top of things," Friedman said. "We'll probably wait until fall to see who is just getting big around the world and who college students are listening to."

Doors open for the concert at 7 p.m. Sunday night with the show beginning at 8 p.m. Tickets are $10 for students and $15 for non-students and are available at the Emens Auditorium box office and all Ticketmaster Locations.