No leads in College Avenue shooting

Police say spike in recent armed robberies, crimes "happens every year."

Police currently have no suspects, leads or possible motives in relation to a Nov. 28 shooting and robbery on College Avenue.

Michael Roberts, 223 S. College Ave., suffered a handgun wound to his right shoulder after suspects forcibly entered his house, shot and robbed him.

According to Sgt. Roc Barrett, although police had received conflicting stories as to how many perpetrators there were, they are now certain that three - rather than five - individuals entered Roberts' house.

Witnesses described two suspects, one white male standing 5-feet 11-inches to 6-feet tall wearing all black and a mask, and one "possibly black" male, 6-feet, 1-inch to 6-feet, 2-inches tall wearing all gray and a mask. They were unable to provide descriptions of the other suspect involved.

In other police-related news, a Muncie man was robbed at a Long John Silvers drive-thru window on S. Tillotson Avenue Monday night.

According to police reports, Ryan D. Timmons, 26, of 2822 W. Oaklyn St., suffered a cut above his left eye and was treated by EMS at the scene after an unidentified white male opened the passenger-side door of his vehicle, stabbed him and demanded money.

Timmons, who tried to keep his 5-year-old son down in the back seat of his vehicle during the incident, told the suspect that his wallet was on the passenger's seat. The suspect took Timmons' wallet, along with prescription medication, from the victim's car and fled west on W. Main St.

Police eventually found the victim's wallet in the front yard of 2817 W. Main St. Timmons' money was stolen from the wallet.

Timmons described the suspect as a 5-feet, 8-inches tall white male with a medium build and dark hair. The suspect was wearing a dark jacket or windbreaker and dark pants at the time of the robbery and appeared to be in his late twenties.

Police are still investigating the incident.

Sgt. Barrett said Muncie police have not established a link between any recent armed robberies. He also said the recent increase in armed robberies in the community "happens every year" because of the holiday season.