Scotty's patio closed after hit-and-run accident

<p>An intoxicated driver hit the patio fence of Scotty's Brewhouse in The Village Wednesday, May 9. Officers were dispatched to the scene around 1 a.m. &nbsp;<strong>Brooke Kemp, DN Photo&nbsp;</strong></p>

An intoxicated driver hit the patio fence of Scotty's Brewhouse in The Village Wednesday, May 9. Officers were dispatched to the scene around 1 a.m.  Brooke Kemp, DN Photo 

A portion of Scotty’s Brewhouse patio fence was replaced by yellow caution tape after an early morning accident in The Village.

Around 1 a.m. Wednesday, Ball State University Police officers were dispatched to Scotty’s in the 1700 block of West University Avenue after a hit-and-run accident.

Witnesses reported a vehicle had driven off the road and ran into the fence that surrounds the patio.

Dillon Triplett, 25, of Yorktown, was preliminarily charged with leaving the scene of an accident causing injury — a Level 6 felony — operating a vehicle while intoxicated and operating a vehicle with a blood alcohol content of .08 or more.

Officers found Triplett’s vehicle parked at a Marathon gas station in the 1800 block of West Jackson Street a short time later. According to a probable cause affidavit, Triplett and a female passenger were seen walking away from the vehicle.

The passenger, who was injured and bleeding, was taken to a hospital by an ambulance.

Triplett failed a field sobriety test and had a blood-alcohol level of .136 percent. He was arrested and later released from jail.

The Daily News reached out to Scotty’s Brewhouse and is waiting for comment.

This story will be updated.

Contact Andrew Harp with comments at adharp@bsu.edu or on Twitter @adharp24.