Muncie Animal Care and Services hosts "Feline Fiesta" adoption event

<p>There was a line out the door at the Muncie Animal Shelter on June 23 as people waited to see dogs and cats up for adoption. The &nbsp;Muncie City Council recently passed an ordinance to decrease the euthanasia rate at the Muncie Animal Shelter. Reagan Allen, DN File</p>

There was a line out the door at the Muncie Animal Shelter on June 23 as people waited to see dogs and cats up for adoption. The  Muncie City Council recently passed an ordinance to decrease the euthanasia rate at the Muncie Animal Shelter. Reagan Allen, DN File

If you’re looking for a pet, Muncie Animal Care & Services has the purr-fect solution for you. 

Friday, the shelter is hosting “Feline Fiesta” to help reduce crowded cages at the shelter. There are more than 150 cats up for adoption, all of which are $5. 

The cats are spayed/neutered, have up-to-date shots, are dewormed and come with a complimentary wellness exam, according to the shelter's Facebook post. 

All cats must be kept as indoor pets, and in order to take a furry friend home, the shelter asks that any renters bring written proof their landlord is pet friendly. 

The shelter asks potential owners to bring their own cat carrier or $5 to purchase a cardboard carrier.

Muncie Animal Care & Services is located at 901 W. Riggin Road and is open until 5 p.m.