Woodworth Complex to become coed in Fall 2018

<p>Woodworth will turn sorority suits into rooms for residents for the fall of 2019. Seven of the sororities will have to move out of the suits they currently use for meetings. <strong>Samantha Brammer, DN File&nbsp;</strong></p>

Woodworth will turn sorority suits into rooms for residents for the fall of 2019. Seven of the sororities will have to move out of the suits they currently use for meetings. Samantha Brammer, DN File 

Beginning in Fall 2018, the Office of Housing and Residence Life will implement changes to Living Learning Communities on campus. 

These changes, according to a press release, include moving the Health Professionals and Kinesiology LLC to Woodworth Complex and the creation of a Humanities LLC and a Human Services LLC. 

The construction of the new Health Professions building and the realignment of the College of Applied Sciences and Technology is the main reason for these changes. 

Woodworth Complex will become coed with the addition of the new LLCs. Howick Hall in Noyer Complex will now be a female-only housing option for the 2018-19 academic year.

Additionally, students will have access to better programming and to students in similar fields of study, said Joel Bynum, assistant director for the coordination of living learning programs for Ball State’s Housing and Residence Life.

“The combination of the Nursing, Health Professionals, and Kinesiology LLCs allow us to provide better programming and provides the opportunity for our students to connect with peers in the same field of study,” Bynum said in a press release. 

This story will be updated.