Muncie woman arrested for dealing meth, stealing

A Muncie woman was arrested on Tuesday after police say she was dealing methamphetamine and stealing from various stores. 

Ashley Shaw, 25, is preliminarily charged with three counts of theft, one count of identity deception and one count of dealing methamphetamine, according to court documents.

Police were dispatched to the Speedway on the 3300 block of N. Granville Ave. around 9 p.m. Tuesday on reports of a person trying to deal meth. When police arrived on scene, several witnesses identified Shaw as the suspect. 

When police searched Shaw's bag they found hats, socks, a six-pack of Budweiser, two packages of M&M's, Mountain Dew and four women's wallets. Shaw also took out a small blue container that contained a "white crystal like substance," which the officer recognized as methamphetamine. 

After speaking with the gas station clerk, police found that Shaw didn't pay for any of the items. A woman also told police that Shaw stole other items from Five Below. 

Police contacted the manager at Five Below and she told them Shaw came to the store around 6 p.m. with a bag and was trying to hide items in the bag and her sweatshirt. 

The manager confronted Shaw and got the items back. When the manager went through the bag, she found items from Cirillas, an adult entertainment store. 

The cashier at Cirillas told police she saw Ashley "try to hide two vibrating women's pleasure devices in her purse."

In total, police found the gas station items along with perfumes, a sex toy, an adult costume and various pieces of women's clothing. 

Shaw was taken to the Delaware County Jail and is being held on a $25,000 bond.