Sheriff's deputy resigns after drug related charges

<p>Sheriff deputy Jerry Parks was arrested Thursday in relation to a drug probe by Muncie Police drug enforcement and Indiana State Police. <strong>Delaware County Sheriff's Office, Photo Provided&nbsp;</strong></p>

Sheriff deputy Jerry Parks was arrested Thursday in relation to a drug probe by Muncie Police drug enforcement and Indiana State Police. Delaware County Sheriff's Office, Photo Provided 

Jerry Parks, former Delaware County sheriff's deputy, submitted his resignation to Delaware County Sheriff Ray Dudley on Sunday. 

RELATED: Delaware County sheriff's deputy, wife arrested in drug probe

A press release from the sheriff's office said the case is now in the hands of the Delaware County Prosecutor and pledged his cooperation and assistance of the officer in moving this matter forward. 

Parks was released on Friday on a $70,000 bail. 

Parks was arrested Thursday night after Muncie police drug enforcement agents served a search warrant at his home, according to a press release from the Delaware County sheriff's office. Parks, 37, is preliminary charged with two counts of aiding, inducing or causing the dealing of heroin and marijuana, attempted dealing in marijuana and neglect of a dependent, according to court documents. 

The arrest was part of a months-long investigation between the Muncie Police Department Narcotics Unit and the Indiana State Police.