Ball State organizations to host Valentine's events

Valentine’s Day is not just a day for those in a relationship. Student organizations all over campus are finding ways to celebrate the holiday and spread love to the community. 

Here are a few events happening before and during Valentine’s Day.

1. Women's Night: Sharing the Love of Christ

8 to 9 p.m. Feb. 6 at 1200 W Riverside in the Newman Center

The women of Cardinal Catholic will be hosting a crafting event to create Valentine's cards. The valentines will have bible verses and quotes that represent the love of Christ.

The crafting event is one of the group's weekly Monday night women events. All women are welcome to come. It is not necessary to be a part of the church to be a part of this event.

Cardinal Catholic is an organization for Catholic students at Ball State. Within Cardinal Catholic there is a women’s ministry that promotes fellowship and formation among women in the community and on campus.

Contact Cardinal Catholic Student Group on Benny Link or Facebook for more information.

2. ScholarCore Valentine’s Day Card Crafting Event

7 to 9 p.m. Feb. 9 in the Art and Journalism Building Room 150

Students can make Valentine's Day cards for adults with disabilities from Help at Home in Muncie. Students can come for the event and enjoy ice cream for the first hour only and create cards.

ScholarCore is a group open to all 21st Century scholars that educates the students valuable life skills. Students can learn about organization, planning and community service tactics. The organization works to give to the community and keep students involved on campus. ScholarCore is only open to 21st Century scholars, but anyone is eligible this philanthropy event.

If you would like to attend, you must RSVP.

Contact Nikki Nord at nmnord@bsu.edu for more questions or to get involved.

3. Ball State Students for Life

11 a.m. to 2 p.n. Feb. 14 in the Atrium

Ball State Students for Life will be giving out valentines to students. The organization wants to let everyone know that they feel included and loved, said Nora Hopf, the club's president.

Students for Life will be using this as a way to let students know about their organization and resources available to pregnant women on campus as well.

The organization is a support group for pregnant students or families to learn about all information regarding pregnancy, termination, post-pregnancy and post-termination.

The main focus of Ball State Students for Life is to be a support system and resource to pregnant women and families. The group also provides a learning experience for anyone interested.

Anyone is welcome, no matter their beliefs, gender or religion. Student parents or allies are both welcome.

Contact Nora Hopf at nehopf@bsu.edu or bsupregnant@gmail.com.

4. Valentine’s Day Halfa Fundraiser

6 p.m. Feb. 14 in the L.A. Pittenger Student Center, Cardinal Hall A and B

The Ball State Belly Dance Club will be holding its first Hafla fundraiser on Valentine's Day.

The club is raising money for the annual Hafla event they hold every March. At each Hafla, the club brings in a famous belly dancer to teach workshops and perform -- however the dancer will instead be at their Women's Week event in March. 

A Hafla is a party or a get together. For the club, it is an event where belly dancers, and non-belly dancers, can come together and share their dance and experience. It is also an opportunity to make new connections.

During the fundraiser, the club and other belly dance community members will perform pieces students and community members have choreographed. The organization will continue to do other fundraising activities throughout the semester, including a rummage sale.

Anyone is welcome regardless of gender or skill.

Contact the club on Benny Link or Facebook.