KeVonn Mabon breaks Ball State all-time receptions record

Wide receiver, KeVonn Mabon steps into the end zone in the beginning of the first quarter against the Miami Redhawks at Yager Stadium in Oxford, Ohio on Tuesday, November 22. (DN, Grace Hollars)

Ball State career receptions leaders

1. KeVonn Mabon: 244
2. Dante Ridgeway: 238
3. Willie Snead: 223
4. Briggs Orsbon: 213
5. Jordan Williams: 200

Ball State career receiving yards leaders

1. Dante Ridgeway: 3,030
2. Willie Snead: 2,991
3. KeVonn Mabon: 2,862
4. Dante Love: 2,778
5. Jordan Williams: 2,723

Senior wide receiver KeVonn Mabon is now the leading pass catcher in Ball State football history.

With a 7-yard catch in the second quarter of the season finale against Miami Nov. 22, Mabon moved into first place on Ball State's all-time receptions list with his 239th career grab. He moves past Dante Ridgeway (238) for the lead, followed by Willie Snead (223), Briggs Orsbon (213) and Jordan Williams (200).

"It's always a big deal when you can say you're No. 1 in something," Mabon said earlier in the week. "I guess with being No. 1, or being up there in the top five, that puts me in the same category as those guys. Whenever you can put your name up there, it's a big deal."

Mabon finished the game against Miami with 11 catches, 122 yards and a 25-yard touchdown in the first quarter.

"All week, I was kind of in coach [Joey] Lynch's and Riley [Neal]'s ear, to let them know six catches is all I need," Mabon said. "Once I got that sixth catch, I gave that ball to coach [Alex] Bailey and told him to keep it, because that's the record."

Mabon also moved into third place in Cardinals history in career receiving yards, passing Dante Love's 2,778 career yards. The 100-yard performance was the fifth of his career.

Listed at 6-foot-2, 215 lbs., Mabon was solid throughout the season in the Ball State passing game, as he finished the year with 85 catches, 972 yards and three touchdowns.

First-year head coach Mike Neu said the career receptions record speaks to all the hard work Mabon has put in during his time with the program.

"I could not have been more impressed with KeVonn Mabon in my time being around him since the middle of January," Neu said Nov. 19. "In every facet of the program — on the field, off the field, community in the classroom — he's a class act."