UPDATE: Deadline extended for talent competition entries

Indianapolis Colts punter Pat McAfee (1) warms up before the Colts game against the Vikings on Sunday, September 16, 2012, in Indianapolis, Indiana. (Sam Riche/MCT)

Click here to submit an entry video.

Indianapolis Colts punter Pat McAfee is making his way to Ball State — and he's ready to give out some money.

McAfee and his TV production company are preparing to shoot a pilot episode for a live talent competition called "U Got It?" – and taping will take place at on the campus in December. The winning student will get a $10,000 scholarship.

"I vowed that evening to all my friends and family and to anybody that would listen that if I ever have a show that needs to be performed live or filmed live, I'm doing it at Ball State University," McAfee said in the online video promoting the competition.

McAfee said the show is for any kind of talent, and taping is set for Dec. 12 and 13.

“Now ‘U Got It?’ is the talent show of all college talent shows,” McAfee said in the video. “Whether you’re a bottle flipper, a singer, a dancer – anything that you find entertaining as hell – I want to see it.”

To participate, entrants must be 18 years or older, be a full-time student at Ball State, and have an act that is rated PG-13 or lower, and require minimal staging elements.

Online entry for "U Got It?" has been extended to Nov. 27. According to an email from staff at the John R. Emens Auditorium, McAfee and talent organizers need a minimum of 100 submissions in order for the show to be possible.

"If there are not enough submissions to choose from, they will have to cancel the show," the email said. "Pat really wants to give someone that $10,000 scholarship so he hopes the deadline extension accomplishes the job."

According to the email, McAfee wanted to remind students that they don't have to be "America's Got Talent" worthy in order to enter a submission.

"He just wants entertaining people," the email said. "Your talent might be ridiculous but if you're entertaining and the judges enjoy your performance, it's very likely you'll make the finals."

Students interested can submit a video showcasing their talents. Team entries of four or less are also welcome, according to the website. In the event that a group act wins, each member will receive a $10,000 scholarship.