Anthropology Club to host ethnic cook-off

<p>The Anthropology Club is hosting an ethnic cook-off on Oct . 14&nbsp;in Burkhardt Building from 6 to 8 p.m. The event will give the opportunity for anyone to come and share their favorite ethnic foods, family recipes and home-baked goods.&nbsp;<i style="background-color: initial;">Benny Link // Photo Courtesy</i></p>

The Anthropology Club is hosting an ethnic cook-off on Oct . 14 in Burkhardt Building from 6 to 8 p.m. The event will give the opportunity for anyone to come and share their favorite ethnic foods, family recipes and home-baked goods. Benny Link // Photo Courtesy

What: Anthropology Club Ethnic Cook-off

When: 6 to 8 p.m. on Oct. 14

Where: Burkhardt Building Room 316

The Anthropology Club is giving Ball State students the chance to expand their palate tonight.

The club is hosting an ethnic cook-off, allowing anyone to come and share their favorite ethnic foods, family recipes or comforting, home-baked goods.

Nora Hillard, the club's president, said the club aims to teach students about other countries, and through this event, it hopes students can learn about other cultures through taste.

“There is no better way to get to know another culture, family or person than by sharing a meal and tasting something new," Hillard said. “Challenging yourself to not only try new foods, but also to cook them yourselves can reveal surprising things about yourself and help you learn about the people that eat that created the dish."

Hillard said while it can sometimes be challenging to talk about other cultures or find the money to visit other countries, the club is helping “to bring a small part of the world” to Muncie.

There will prizes awarded for best dinner and best dessert, and there will also be a raffle prize for those in attendance.

The cook-off will take place in Burkhardt Building Room 316 from 6 to 8 p.m.