Three do-it-yourself ideas to paint pumpkins

<p>With Halloween around the corner, here are some easy ideas on how to paint pumpkins to get you in the holiday spirit.&nbsp;Whichever pumpkin you choose to paint, your dorm, apartment, or house will be Halloween ready. <em>Sabrina&nbsp;</em><em>Schnetzer // DN</em></p>

With Halloween around the corner, here are some easy ideas on how to paint pumpkins to get you in the holiday spirit. Whichever pumpkin you choose to paint, your dorm, apartment, or house will be Halloween ready. Sabrina Schnetzer // DN

Still need a costume? Try one of these cheap and easy outfits.

Not sure what to do for Halloweekend? Here's a list of things happening in the area. 

Halloween is just around the corner, so get into the holiday spirit by decorating a pumpkin of your own. Here are some easy ideas that will fit on small, dorm-friendly pumpkins. 

What you need:

• Acrylic paint (can be bought in sets or individual tubes)

• Paint brushes

• Small pumpkins (found at Marsh, Target or Walmart)

• Paper plate

• Paper towels

• Writing utensil

Donut pumpkin:

1. Make sure your pumpkin is clean of any dirt. Wipe it with a wet paper towel.

2. Paint the top part of your pumpkin brown using a wide paintbrush. This will be the icing on the donut. Make sure to let it dry.

3. Using a small paintbrush, paint colorful sprinkles on top of the brown paint.

Statement pumpkin:

1. Make sure your pumpkin is clean of any dirt, by wiping it with a wet paper towel.

2. Paint the pumpkin a bright color. If you’re using a lighter color, put a second coat of paint on the pumpkin and let it dry.

3. Find a fun halloween quote, like "trick or treat yo’self" or "witch better have my candy," to write on your pumpkin. Use white or black paint to write the words onto your pumpkin.

Indiana pumpkin:

1. Make sure your pumpkin is clean of any dirt by wiping it with a wet paper towel.

2. Paint the pumpkin white. You will need to put on a second coat to fully cover the pumpkin in white. Let it dry.

3. Draw the state of Indiana on your pumpkin. I taped a printed out map of Indiana to my pumpkin and traced it.

4. Paint the state red, or another color if you choose, and let it dry.

5. Paint a white star where Muncie is. This is where a map may come in handy again.

Whichever pumpkin you choose to paint, your dorm, apartment or house will be Halloween ready.