Men's basketball faces UT-Martin in CIT round 2

The Ball State men’s basketball team cheers from the sidelines as one of its teammates scores a basket in the game against Eastern Michigan on Feb. 27 in Worthen Arena. The Cardinals beat their record of highest number of points since 1989, scoring 115 to 79. DN PHOTO GRACE RAMEY

Game Details

Opponent - UT Martin

Location - Muncie, Ind.

Time - 6 p.m.

Listen - WLBC

Watch - CollegeInsider.com

Worthen Arena will play host to at least one more men's basketball game this season as Ball State prepares to play the University of Tennessee Martin on March 20. 

The Cardinals moved on to the second round of the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament after a 78-73 double-overtime win against Tennessee State in the first round.

Ball State originally trailed 17 points in the first game, but mounted a comeback behind 25 points from sophomore guard Jeremie Tyler and 20 points from redshirt junior Ryan Weber.

UT-Martin moves on after taking down Mid-American Conference opponent Central Michigan 76-73.

In the regular season, UT-Martin shared an Ohio Valley Conference West Division regular season championship before losing to Austin Peay in the championship game.

Similarly in the MAC, the OVC East Division had stronger conference records at the end of the season, but the highest seed from each division of the conference earned a top seed in the tournament. 

Ball State has played and beaten UT-Martin in the teams' previous three meetings, the last of which occurred in 2011.

Tipoff for the game is set for 6 p.m. March 20 at Worthen Arena.