Your guide to this year's Muncie Gras

<p>Muncie Gras will be taking place on March 19 from 7 p.m.-2 a.m. in Downtown Muncie. The 14th annual event is Muncie's biggest fundraiser for the Muncie Downtown Development Partnership<em>.&nbsp;</em><i style="background-color: initial;">DN FILE PHOTO HANNAH JACKSON</i></p>

Muncie Gras will be taking place on March 19 from 7 p.m.-2 a.m. in Downtown Muncie. The 14th annual event is Muncie's biggest fundraiser for the Muncie Downtown Development PartnershipDN FILE PHOTO HANNAH JACKSON

Full entertainment lineup

Be Here Now Stage

Jason Franklin at 7 p.m.

Gabe Parkhurst at 7:30

Awkward Sports at 8:25 p.m.

Radio Cologne at 9:20 p.m.

Skyline Social at 10:15 p.m.

Not Blood Paint at 11:15 p.m.

Stackhouse at 12:20 p.m.

DJ TIC TAC at 1:00 a.m.

Accoustic Room Stage

Turtle Matt at 7:00 p.m.

Jim Jones, Jr at 7:20 p.m.

Hell's Orphans at 8:00 p.m.

Saababanks at 8:40 p.m.

The Indigos at 9:45 p.m.

Molly Rhythm at 11:15 p.m.

In Flight at 12:10 a.m.

Other attractions

Mechanical bull

After Dark drag show

Micro Wrestling shows

Illuminate dance party

Oxygen bars

Outdoor bars

March 19 marks the 14th annual Muncie Gras celebration in downtown Muncie. The New Orleans style celebration will be open to all those 21 and older to eat, drink and enjoy the event's activities and live entertainment from 7 p.m. until 2 a.m.

Tickets

Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the gate. Those who bought a pre-sale student discount ticket, must have their student ID at the gate. 

Transportation

Gates are the corner of Walnut and Jackson, Charles and Mulberry and Charles and High Street. MITS Trollies will run through campus and the Lyndenwood areas during and after the event to allow safe transportation. 

Entertainment

Carenza’s Caravan is a troupe of belly dancers and fire eaters. At 8 p.m., there will be a “Shimmy Off” where attendees can compete to see if they can shimmy as long as the belly dancers.

Carenza Asya is the owner of the troupe and has been performing at Muncie Gras since 2005. Asya said the audience is always fun and willing to come dance with the troupe.

“It’s a great event, there’s always something different. … [It is] one of the most fun places that we like to perform at each year,” Asya said.

In addition to the numerous entertainment acts, there will also be two oxygen bars at the event. 

An oxygen bar is a free-standing bar which people sit or stand to breathe more than 90 percent pure oxygen and aromatherapy from a disposable nasal cannula (nose hose). Up to 18 people can be at one oxygen bar at a time and 12 different scents will be available, such as vanilla, peppermint and cherry. 

There will also be several outdoor bars serving alcohol. 

Music

Stackhouse is a rock 'n' roll band who will be performing on the Be Here Now stage at 12:20 a.m. This will be the band’s second performance in Muncie since they formed two years ago, and their first performance at Muncie Gras.

Ben Hughey, the guitarist for the band, said after their first show at Be Here Now, they were asked to play at Muncie Gras. All of Stackhouse's set will be the band's original songs, Hughey said.

“You can expect to sing along to every song even though you’ve probably never heard ‘em,” he said. “We’re fun to watch. That’s one of our biggest things is putting on something that’ll actually entertain people. … Our songs are kinda those songs where you can sing the chorus by the time the second chorus comes around, you know how it goes.”

The Indigos will be playing at Muncie Gras for the first time and will be releasing a new single and music video called "So Fly" on the day of the event. They will be on the Acoustic Room Stage at 9:45 p.m. Matt Mellen, singer and guitar player, is looking forward to interacting with the crowd and to maybe partaking in some crowdsurfing, he said.

"The crowd is everything, without them our performance is only practice," Mellen said.

Jim Jones, Jr will also be performing, on the acoustic stage at 7:20 p.m. Chris Blake, drummer of the band, said this will be the biggest show they have played so far in the almost two years the band has been together.

"My favorite part about performing with the band is getting to see the expressions on the audience's face. ... You really put all you can into your passion," Blake said. "You don't just strive to do it because it's fun...you strive to do it because you live to do it."

Awkward Sports have previously played in Muncie and will be performing at 8:25 p.m. Scott Atkins, vocalist and guitarist, said that playing in Muncie is cool because they'll be playing for people who still really care about music and the music scene.

"I really like feeding off the energy of both the other members in the band and off the crowd. I just enjoy myself more when I see that, you know, everyone else is also enjoying it," Peyton Cox, drummer and vocalist, said.