Women's basketball wins 73-57 at Northern Illinois

Junior center for the Ball State Cardinals Renee Bennett attempts to score a shot during the game against Buffalo on Jan. 13 in Worthen Arena. DN PHOTO GRACE RAMEY

Game Statistics

Field Goals - 25-53 (47.2%)

Three-point FG - 7-14 (50%)

Rebounds - 43

Fontaine Statistics

2,019 career points, 72 shy of Ball State career record

After losing two straight games, Ball State women's basketball returned to form with a 73-57 win on the road Feb. 17 against Northern Illinois.

The Cardinals stuck with their starting lineup for the majority of the contest, with all five starters logging at least 35 minutes.

Four players finished the game in double-digits, led by senior guard Nathalie Fontaine and junior center Renee Bennett with 19 points apiece. Sophomore forward Moriah Monaco and freshman guard Carmen Grande weren't far behind with 14 and 13 points, respectively.

Ball State is now 17-7 overall with a 9-4 Mid-American Conference record - the second best record in the MAC West Division. The Cardinals are behind only Central Michigan (17-7, 11-2 MAC), who is on an eight-game winning streak.

The Cardinals will return to action on Feb. 20 against Western Michigan at Worthen Arena. Tipoff is set for 1 p.m.