Ball State men's basketball prepares for '#MuncieOut'

The mens' basketball team huddles during the game against Bowling Green on Feb. 14 at Worthen Arena. DN PHOTO EMILY CUNNINGHAM

Features of the #MuncieOut

General admission tickets cut from $10 to $6

Reserved tickets cut from $15 down to $10

Free parking

$1 hot dogs (not included in Baskin Robbins deal)

Free Baskin Robbins cookie with food purchase

After taking sole possession of first place in the Mid-American Conference West Division, Ball State men's basketball prepares for its nationally televised game against Northern Illinois.

The Cardinals are 17-9 overall and 8-5 in the MAC, and the game on CBS Sports Network has been promoted as a #MuncieOut by Ball State athletics. 

The Huskies are right behind the Cardinals in the standings at 18-8 overall with a 7-6 MAC record.

Assistant athletics director for marketing and fan engagement Shawn Sullivan thinks the success of the men’s basketball team will make the promotion a great turnout.

“The team has really performed well, and you combine that with the hopes of getting the community to come together,” Sullivan said.

The promotion is much similar to "black-outs" or "red-outs" done in the past, but is geared toward the Muncie community. Game sponsor Stoops Buick/GMC has paired with Ball State athletics to cut down ticket prices and use several other promotions throughout the game.

Buying a ticket to the Feb. 19 men’s game will also get patrons into the Feb. 20 women’s basketball annual “Think Pink” game against Western Michigan. This is an initiative that encourages the fans to wear pink in honor of breast cancer awareness.

In order to support Ball State University Dance Marathon, Pepsi will donate $1 for every student who attends the game.

BSUDM will be from 2 p.m. on Feb. 20 until 2 a.m. on Feb. 21. 

Ball State will tip off against Northern Illinois at 6:30 p.m. on Feb. 19.