Who approved Ferguson's resignation?

Rick Hall - Board of Trustees
Rick Hall - Board of Trustees

Ball State's Board of Trustees worked closely with President Paul W. Ferguson before his resignation, and approved the resignation. 

These trustees will also choose his successor. So who makes up the Board of Trustees? Read on to find out. 

Rick Hall – Chair (shown in photo)

Hall was voted chairperson in January 2014 after serving as secretary for three years. He joined the board in 2007. He is also a partner and member of the management committee at Barnes and Thornburg LLP, an Indianapolis-based law firm.

Hall graduated from Ball State in 1989 after earning four letters for the Cardinals’ basketball team. He was named team captain as a senior and helped lead the Cardinals to the Mid-American Conference championship and inducted to the Ball State Athletics Hall of Fame as a part of the 2000-01 class.

Frank Hancock – Vice chair

Hancock joined board in 2006 and was vice president in 2012 and 2013. He kept his role, albeit with a different title, in January 2014.

The Ball State alumnus (class of 1970) is also the founder and owner of Sport Graphics Inc., a company that helped create the “graphic identities” for Scheumann Stadium and Worthen Arena.

Hancock is also the former president of the Metropolitan School District of Warren Township. 

Thomas C. Bracken – Secretary

Bracken’s great-grandfather, Frank C. Ball, was one of the five Ball Brothers that founded Ball State.

Bracken joined the board in 2012 and was voted secretary in January 2014 and also serves as president of the George and Frances Ball Foundation.

The former software engineer graduated from Stanford University with an electrical engineering degree before earning an M.B.A. from the University of Chicago and is the fourth generation of the Ball Family to serve on the board of trustees.

Marianne Glick – Assistant secretary

Glick joined the board in 2006 and was voted assistant secretary in January 2014.

She serves on the board of directors for the Eugene & Marilyn Glick Family Foundation, the Gene B. Glick Company, the Central Indiana Community Foundation, United Way of Central Indiana and the Women’s Fund of Central Indiana.

The Butler alumna won the 2010 Indiana Woman of Influence award from Ball State, as well as an Honorary Alumni Award from the Ball State Alumni Association in 2013.

Renae Conley

Conley graduated from Ball State in 1980 with an accounting degree and also received her M.B.A. from the school in 1982. She is currently the CEO of ER Solutions, LLC, a consulting firm. She is also a retired executive vice president of human resources and administration.

Conley received the Miller College of Business Award of Achievement in 2001 and the college’s Award of Distinction in 2007. She was inducted into the Miller College of Business Hall of Fame in 2013.

R. Wayne Estopinal

Estopinal has been a board member since 2011. He graduated from Ball State in 1979 with two bachelor’s degrees – architecture and environmental design.

He is the president of the Estopinal Group, an architectural firm, and an owner of Orlando City Soccer Club and Louisville City Soccer Club.

He also serves on the board of directors for Your Community Bank, Community BankShares of Indiana, the Louisville Zoo Foundation and Boy Scouts of America Executive Council – Louisville.

Hollis E. Hughes Jr.

The longest tenured trustee, Hughes joined in 1989. He served as president of the board from 2011 to 2014 and secretary from 2006 to 2011.

He is also the president and CEO of United Way of St. Joseph County, past director of South Bend’s Model Cities Program, South Bend’s Bureau of housing, director of St. Joseph County Housing Allowance Office, director of Housing Assistance Office Inc. and executive director of St. Joseph County Housing Authority.

Another Ball State alumnus, Hughes graduated in 1965 and received a master’s degree from the school in 1972. Hughes also serves on the board as a member of both the Alumni Council and Black Alumni Constituent Society.

Matt Momper

Another Ball State alumnus, Momper joined the board in 2008. He graduated with an economics degree in 1983 before earning his M.B.A. from Drake University in 1984.

He is also the president of Momper Insulation and serves on the Miller College of Business’s Executive Advisory Board and the Ball State Foundation Board of Directors.

He also won Ball State’s Distinguished Alumni Award in 2007.

Dustin Meeks – Student representative

Meeks was appointed by Gov. Mike Pence to be the board’s student representative. The Fishers native is part of the Class of 2017 and is a Presidential Scholar and an Eagle Scout. He also serves as Archon on Phi Kappa Psi’s National Executive Council, where he represents the Midwest.