Ball State women's basketball makes staff changes

Head coach Brady Sallee speaks with his coaching staff during a time-out at during the game against Eastern Michigan on Feb. 25 at Worthen Arena. DN PHOTO AMER KHUBRANI

Ball State Coaching Staff

Brady Sallee - Head coach

Tennille Adams - Assistant coach

Audrey McDonald-Spencer - Assistant coach

Ryan Patterson - Assistant coach

Ball State women's basketball assistant coach Rachel Galligan will leave the team to pursue other career opportunities.

She will be replaced by Audrey McDonald-Spencer, who has served as Director of Basketball Operations.

“Rachel’s decision to step away from coaching was an agonizing process for her, but after years of working her tail off for me, she had to truly pursue her own happiness," head coach Brady Sallee said in a statement. "I completely support her in this next endeavor and cannot thank her enough for the work she has done for me and this program. We are losing a coach, but never a friend. I am excited to see what the future holds for Rachel.”

Galligan served on the staff for three seasons. She helped lead the Cardinals to three straight Women's National Invitation Tournament appearances and a Mid-American Conference West Division title.

She played for Eastern Illinois under Sallee from 2005-09.

McDonald-Spencer played for Ball State from 2006-10. She has served in the Director of Basketball Operations role for five years.

She led Ball State to the school's best season in 2008-09, which included an NCAA Tournament win over Tennessee. She holds several offensive career records for the Cardinals, and owns the MAC all-time 3-pointers made record.

“Audrey has truly paid her dues and earned this opportunity," Sallee said. "There was never a thought about anyone else for this position. She bleeds Ball State cardinal and white and will continue to represent our program with the same passion and heart she did as a player and director of operations. Audrey has proven herself and there is no doubt she is ready to take the next step in her career.”