Ball State vs. Western Michigan

<p>Ball State redshirt sophomore quarterback Drew Plitt passes the ball to a teammate while Western Michigan defenders try to knock the ball out of the air during the Cardinals' game against the Broncos Nov. 13, 2018, at Scheumann Stadium. Ball State won 42-41 in overtime on senior night. <strong>Paige Grider, DN</strong></p>

Ball State redshirt sophomore quarterback Drew Plitt passes the ball to a teammate while Western Michigan defenders try to knock the ball out of the air during the Cardinals' game against the Broncos Nov. 13, 2018, at Scheumann Stadium. Ball State won 42-41 in overtime on senior night. Paige Grider, DN

The Ball State Cardinals traded blows with the Western Michigan Broncos all night long and eventually forced overtime.

Coming in as the underdogs, Ball State fought hard through both halves and that girt carried over into overtime where they defeated the Broncos 42-41.

Ball State had the lead with under two minutes to play in the fourth quarter, but the Broncos' quarterback Kaleb Eleby threw his only touchdown of the night to Giovanni Ricci to tie the game up at 35 with 1:48 to play.

The Cardinals went first in overtime and scored on a two-yard pass from redshirt sophomore Drew Plitt, starting for an injured Riley Neal, to Kyle Schrank to give Ball State a 42-35 lead and putting the pressure on Western's offense.

After scoring the answering touchdown, the Broncos decided to go for the win and went for two, but the Ball State defense came up big and stopped running back LeVante Bellamy in his tracks to secure the win.

Josh Shelton, NewsLink Indiana