Ball State football is back with spring practice

MUNCIE, Ind. — Ball State football is back on the fields for spring practice. The Cards last season struggled with a 4-8 record but look to learn and grow this spring.

“For us to get on the field here for spring practice, we are allowed 15 practices per NCAA rules. So the great thing is we have worked out for 7 weeks here during the offseason. Primary in the weight room, but I really want to see all the hard work put in over the offseason the guys have put in,” said Ball State football’s head coach Mike Neu.

Ball State looks to have a few new faces next season as they lost 12 seniors to graduation and key players to the transfer portal.

“We will have some new faces, especially nowadays with the transfer portal. We have several guys that enrolled here mid-year,” said coach Mike Neu.

Now that spring practice is here, the coaches and players have a great opportunity to form and learn a new identity for next season.

Coach Mike Neu also said, “What the identity you are trying to get is established by offense, defense, and special teams as a team. So this is an opportunity for us as we work towards the 2024 season.”

Next Saturday, Ball State will have its annual spring training game, leading them into the summer.

Contact Jacksen White with comments at jacksen.white@bsu.edu