Addy Barnes wins Delaware County High School Athlete of the Week, candidates for 1/24-1/31

Yorktown sophomore Addy Barnes dribbles Jan. 13 during the Delaware County championship game. Zach Carter, DN.

Yorktown sophomore basketball player Addy Barnes was voted the Daily News Athlete of the Week from the week of 1/17-1/24.

“All season, when the crowd gets into it, we all get into it,” Barnes said. “It has made games really fun.”

Last week, Barnes led the Tigers with 14 points in the Tigers’ 47-46 win over Frankton. 

The Ball State Daily News will use this program to honor athletes who had an impressive week or a breakout performance. A candidate from each school will be chosen and the community can vote for the winner. 

Candidates will be announced every Wednesday with the voting closing on the following Saturday at 5 p.m. If you believe a certain student-athlete should be your school’s candidate, email the Daily News high school sports reporter Zach Carter at zachary.carter@bsu.edu

To vote for the athletes, check the Daily News Sports account on X. 

Here are your nominees for athlete of the week from 1/24-1/31. 

Delta: senior girl’s basketball player Paizley Cool - In the Eagles’ 54-46 win over Monroe Central, Cool led the blue and gold with 17 points.

Wes-Del: senior boy’s basketball player Jack Rooker - In Wes-Del’s 56-48 win over Randolph Southern, Rooker led the Raiders with 16 points. 

Yorktown:  senior boy’s basketball Kieran Tewari - In the Tigers’ 50-48 win over Carroll, Tewari led the green and white with 19 points and hit the game-winning 3-pointer. 

Cowan: freshman girl’s basketball player Savannah Hall - In the Blackhawks’ 49-24 win over Burris, Hall led with 17 points.