Yorktown Girls Soccer wins Sectionals

The high-scoring Tigers are led by Senior star Nina Fischer

YORKTOWN, Ind. — The Sectional trophy is coming back to the lady tigers soccer team for the first time since 2020.

It was an intense final against the Hamilton Heights Huskies which ended in a penalty shootout win for Yorktown. Captain Nina Fischer said. its all down to their team chemistry.

“Our team chemistry this year has been really good and I hope to be the reason for that, because team chemistry on and off the field really contributes to you know wanting to pass to each other and being able to have that trust when we play,” Fischer said.

First year head coach Beverly Tanner inherited a large group of fundamentally sound upperclassmen who have helped her tremendously.

“I haven’t made a lot of changes I kind of just stuck with kind of what we started doing and just playing that out and sticking with our goals as a team and working on finishing,” Tanner said.

They certainly worked on finishing as they Tigers have amassed 78 goals in 18 matches on the season with Fischer scoring 24 of them, but she believes the whole team is responsible for her success.

“I attribute it to my teammates,” Fischer said. “The support they give me on the field and off the field they really push me to work so much harder.”

Fischer and the Tigers ended their season Thursday with a 7-0 loss to Bellmont in the regional semi-final but can hang their hat on a successful season.

Contact Aiden Riegle with comments at Aiden.Riegle@bsu.edu