Delaware County results from 10/9-10/14

Here are results from Delaware County sporting events from the week of 10/9-10/14.

Wes-De sophomore Owen Long runs Oct. 7 in a game against Union County. Zach Carter, DN.

Editor’s Note: Any results throughout the week not included were unable to be found or were not shared. Email sports@bsudailynews.com with results or the high school beat reporter, Zach Carter, at zachary.carter@bsu.edu.

Below are highlights and results from the past week’s Delaware County sporting events that those on the Daily News Sports Team were unable to attend. 

Monday (Oct. 9)

No results could be found.

Tuesday (Oct. 10)

Wapahani volleyball fell to Lapel 3-2 in the first round of sectionals. Junior Sophia Beeson led the Raiders with nine kills. 

Wednesday (Oct. 11)

No results could be found.

Thursday (Oct. 12)

Burris volleyball defeated Winchester 3-0 in the first round of sectionals. Sophomore Mya Trammel and freshman Ja’Maria Jackson each had ten kills.  

Yorktown volleyball defeated Pendleton Heights 3-1 in the first round of sectionals. Junior Charlotte Vinson led the Tigers with 24 kills.

Friday (Oct. 13)

Yorktown football fell to Mount Vernon 35-21. Senior Ayden Ewing led the Tigers with 124 rushing yards and recorded a rushing touchdown. Senior quarterback Mason Moulton was 9-for-25 with 125 passing yards, one touchdown pass, and one interception. 

Wes-Del defeated Cambridge City Lincoln 42-6. Senior quarterback Triton Blevins was 10-for-12 with 214 passing yards and three touchdown passes. He also had 48 rushing yards and two rushing touchdowns. Senior Trey Adams had three receiving touchdowns and one rushing touchdown. The win marks the Warriors’ first three-game win streak since the 2018 season. 

Saturday (Oct. 14)

Delta volleyball fell to New Castle 3-1 in the semi-final round of sectionals. Stats from the match could not be found.

Daleville volleyball defeated Cowan 3-1 in the semi-final round of sectionals. The Broncos went on to take the Sectional 55 championship as they defeated Tri-Central 3-0. Freshman Maddie Rees led the team with 17 kills in the finale. 

Wes-Del volleyball fell to Lapel 3-1 in the semi-final round of sectionals. Stats from the match could not be found.

Yorktown volleyball defeated Muncie Central 3-0 in the semi-final round of sectionals. The Tigers then defeated Mount Vernon 3-0 to take the Sectional xx championship. Vinson led the Tigers with 40 kills on the day. 

Delta cross country competed in Sectional 9. Senior Nicki Southerland came in first place with a time of 17:31.8, which was the fastest sectional time in the state. Southerland, sophomore Kylee Robles (25th, 22:07.3), junior Tyler Dillon (third, 16:29.8), and freshman Drauton Swanson (20th, 17:40.3) will compete in the New Haven Regional.  

Daleville cross country competed in Sectional 10. The entire girls’ team and senior Ethan Colvin will compete for the New Haven Regional. 

Yorktown cross country competed in the Marion Sectional. The girls’ team came in first and the boys’ team came in third. Both teams will compete in the New Haven Regional. 

Wes-Del cross country competed in Sectional 10. Sophomore Jon Cook will compete in the New Haven Regional. 

Cowan cross country competed in Sectional 10. Senior Gavin Ashby, junior Sara Nichols, and sophomore Candice Matson will compete in the New Haven Regional. 

Wapahani cross country competed in Sectional 9. The boys’ team came first and will advance to the New Haven Regional. Senior Nick Cook came in first place with a time of 16:03.3.