Delaware County results from 10/2-10/7

Here are results from Delaware County sporting events from the week of 10/2-10/7.

Muncie Burris senior Sung Hoo Hong looks to score, Sep. 28 in a match against the Yorktown Tigers. David Moore, DN

Editor’s Note: Any results throughout the week not included were unable to be found or were not shared. Email sports@bsudailynews.com with results or the high school beat reporter, Zach Carter, at zachary.carter@bsu.edu.

Below are highlights and results from the past week’s Delaware County sporting events that those on the Daily News Sports Team were unable to attend. 

Monday (Oct. 2)

Daleville volleyball fell to Jay County 3-2. Junior Trishell Johnson led with 22 kills. 

Tuesday (Oct. 3)

Delta volleyball fell to New Castle 3-0. Senior Emily Reno led the Eagles with eleven kills. 

Burris boys’ soccer defeated Taylor 11-0 in the first round of sectionals. Senior Asher Donahue led the Owls with five goals.

Daleville volleyball defeated Monroe Central. Freshman Maddie Rees led with 14 kills. 

Burris volleyball defeated Muncie Central 3-0. Senior Aubrey Miller led the way with eleven kills. 

Wednesday (Oct. 4)

Delta girls’ soccer defeated Centerville 9-0. Sophomore Aubree Jarrells led with four goals. This was Delta’s first sectional win since 2016. 

Delta boys’ tennis defeated Jay County 4-1 during the first round of regionals. Senior Jacob Bilby earned the first win at No. 3 singles (6-0, 6-0). After that, both No. 1 (seniors Dalton Royal and Preston Shanayda) and No. 2 (sophomore Aaron Elliot and freshman Tyce Dishman) doubles earned the winning points. 

Wapahani boys’ soccer fell to Union County 7-2 in the first round of sectionals. Stats from the match could not be found. 

Yorktown boys’ soccer fell to Jay County 5-1 in the first round of sectionals. Senior Riley Marvin scored the Tigers’ only goal. 

Muncie Central boys’ soccer fell to Noblesville 2-0 in the first round of sectionals. Stats from the match could not be found.

Delta boys soccer fell to Mississinawa 2-0 in the first round of sectionals. Stats from the match could not be found. 

Burris boys’ soccer defeated Tri-Central 3-2 in the second round of sectionals. Donahue and juniors Liam Hannon and Spencer McKinney each had one goal. 

Daleville volleyball defeated Alexandria-Monroe 3-0. Johnson led with 14 kills. 

Wapahani volleyball defeated Cowan 3-0. Stats from the match could not be found. 

Thursday (Oct. 5)

Delta volleyball fell to South Adams 3-1. Reno led with 18 kills and junior Addie Phillippe had 19 assists. 

Delta boys’ tennis fell to Noblesville 3-2 in the second round of regionals. Delta’s No. 1 doubles group of Royal and Shanayda won their match (6-3, 6-3) and will move on to the IHSAA Doubles Regionals. 

Yorktown girls’ soccer defeated New Castle 7-0 in the first round of sectionals. Sophomore Harper Mithcell led with three goals and one assist. 

Burris girls’ soccer defeated Triton Central 4-0 in the first round of sectionals. Senior Sarah Edmonds led with two goals. 

Wes-Del volleyball competed in a tournament (the name could not be located). The Warriors went 4-0 on the day. 

Daleville volleyball defeated Liberty Christian 3-0. Johnson led with 14 kills. 

Friday (Oct. 6)

Delta football fell to Greenfield-Central 28-9. Senior Kaiden Bond led the Eagles with 53 rushing yards. 

Delta girls’ soccer fell to Hamilton Heights 5-0 in the second round of sectionals. Sophomore Jordan Bunch led the team with four shots on the goal. 

Cowan volleyball fell to Blue River Valley 3-0. Stats from the match could not be found. 

Saturday (Oct. 7)

Muncie Central football defeated Anderson 33-6. Senior quarterback Leo Boyd went 6-for-12 with 53 passing yards and one interception. On the ground, he rushed for 116 years and one touchdown. Sophomore Dae’cion Echols ran for 107 yards and three touchdowns. 

Yorktown girls’ soccer tied with Hamilton Heights in the second round of sectionals. No stats could be found. 

Burris boys’ soccer defeated Sheriden 6-0 in the Sectional 39 Championship game. Donahue led the Owls with three goals. 

Burris girls’ soccer tied Triton Central 1-1, allowing them to win the Sectional 44 Championship. Edmonds scored the lone goal. 

Wapahani volleyball fell to Westfield 3-0. Stats from the match could not be found. 

Daleville volleyball competed in a tournament (the name could not be found). The Broncos went 1-2 on the day. 

Muncie Central volleyball competed in a tournament (the name could not be found). The Broncos went 1-2 on the day.