Delaware County Athlete of the Week candidates for the week of 10/18-10/25

Here are the candidates for the Ball State Daily News Delaware County Athlete of the Week for the week of 10/18-10/25.

Yorktown senior Mason Moulton prepares to throw Sep. 29 in a game against Greenfield Central. Zach Carter, DN.

Candidates will be announced every Wednesday with the voting closing on the following Saturday at 5 p.m. If you believe a certain student-athlete should be your school’s candidate, email the Daily News high school sports reporter Zach Carter at zachary.carter@bsu.edu

To vote for the athletes, check the Daily News Sports account on X. 

Here are your nominees for athlete of the week from 10/18 - 10/25. 

Delta: Senior football player Kaiden Bond -  Bond led with 137 rushing yards and three touchdowns in their 47-7 sectional win over Norwell. 

Yorktown: Senior football player Ayden Ewing -  Ewing led Yorktown with 324 rushing yards and four touchdowns in their 31-14 sectional win over Fort Wayne Concordia. 

Muncie Central: Senior football player De’Markis Cole - Cole led the Bearcats with 139-receiving yards and two touchdown receptions in their 42-28 sectional loss to Beech Grove. 

Burris: Junior volleyball player Lilly Howell - During the Owls’ two regional matches, Howell led the with 35 kills. This helped the Owls win the regional championship. 

Wapahani: Senior cross country runner Nick Cook -  Cook advanced to the state finals after finishing in second place at regionals.  

Daleville: Junior volleyball player Trishell Johnson - Johnson led the Broncos with 19 kills in their 3-1 regional loss to Faith Christian.