Ball State places 8th in Loyola Parkinson Invite

Ball State sophomore Jasmine Driscoll watches her ball September 18 during the Brittany Kelly Classic at The Players Club. Zach Carter, DN.

Ball State women’s golf traveled to Libertyville, Illinois for the Loyola Parkinson Invitational at the Merit Club. 

The Cardinals placed 8th out of 12 teams at the event. 

Round One 

Round one was led by freshman JJ Gregston with a score of a 6-over-par score of 78 in the first 18 holes. 

Sophomore Jasmine Driscoll with a 9-over-par 81 in the first round and was followed by sophomore Madelyn Young with a 13-over-par 85. 

Sophomore Sarah Gallagher posted a 15-over-par 87 with Junior Sabrina Langerak rounding out the Cardinals first round scores with a 16-over-par 88.

Round Two 

Driscoll led in the second round with a 1-over-par 73, followed by Gallagher who shot a 5-over-par 76. 

Gregston posted another 6-over-par 78 in the second round to match her score in the first round. 

Langerak and Young both came in for the Cardinals with a score of 13-over-par 85. In total, Ball State dropped 18 strokes between the two rounds. 

Round Three 

Ball State was led once against by Driscoll, who posted an even-par 72 in her final round with a 2-under-par back 9. She finished the tournament tied for fifth as an individual. 

Gergston and Gallagher both posted a 5-over-par score of 77 in their final round. 

Young shot an 8-over-par 80 and was followed by Langerak who shot an 11-over-par 83 to close out the tournament. 

The Cardinals will be back in action for the Little Rock Classic, in Arkansas, at Diamante Country Club Oct. 22-24.