Delta High School football undefeated through first 4 games of the season

Jayce Miller, NewsLink Indiana
Jayce Miller, NewsLink Indiana

MUNCIE, Ind.– Down. Set. Hut. The 2023 high school football season is underway for Delta High School. The Eagles are off to one very hot and fast start. Even more so, when compared to last year’s season. 

When asking players what this start means to them, they have a positive attitude about it.

“It means a lot. I mean we’re 4-0, can’t get better than that,” senior wide receiver Jonny Manor said. “The student section is awesome, our fans are awesome, and when you win more people come out,” junior quarterback Bronson Edwards says. 

This win streak has fueled the Eagles and ignited the chemistry on the gridiron. This great teamwork does not just come from winning, it stems from head coach Chris Overholt. 

Overholt is a Delta alumni and is in his eighth season coaching the Eagles.

“We’ve said since the summer, we have a young but very gritty defense, they don’t give anything up easy, they fight for every yard, and we just hope they continue that,” Overholt said.

It has been smooth sailing so far, but some rocky waves are ahead. This Friday the Delta Eagles travel to Mt. Vernon to take on one of the best 4A teams in the state.

“Probably the best team we play all year," Edwards said.

“It doesn’t matter what the situation is, what the adversity is, they believe they have a shot to win at the end,” Overholt continued. 

Kickoff is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. on Friday at Mt.Vernon High School.

Contact Jayce Miller with comments at jayce.miller@bsu.edu.