Where to celebrate Independence Day in Delaware County

Fireworks light the sky above Yorktown as part of the town's 4th of July celebration. DN PHOTO JORDAN HUFFER

As Independence Day approaches there are a variety of locations to celebrate around Muncie and Delaware County. 

The City of Muncie will have Fireworks on The Levee. It will be on the Muncie Central High School grounds. It is an annual tradition and will also be able to be viewed from the downtown area. It is free to the public.

The Canan Commons will have “Our American Character” with America’s Hometown Band. They will be playing the Fourth of July music. It is free and open to all with lawn space available. It will be concluded with fireworks. 

Yorktown Community Schools Foundation is hosting the volunteer-run program Four the Fourth. The funds are going to registration fees, sponsorships, and donations in the Yorktown trails, paths, parks and schools. 

To view the race course, use this link here.

The race will begin at 8:30 a.m. and packet pickup will begin at 7 a.m. on race day. 

There is a $27,000 prize purse, $4,000 is guaranteed and $23,000 is conditional based on if the temperature is above 94 degrees. 

Minnetrista will host Independence Day at Minnetrista from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. and will celebrate with music and fireworks. It is free to the public.