Cardinals fall to Indiana State 11-1

Freshman pitcher Owen Quinn pitches in a game against Bellarmine on April 4 at First Merchants Ballpark Complex. Quinn tossed a shutout inning. Katelyn Howell, DN

Ball State baseball fell to Indiana State May 9.

Junior Decker Scheffler drove in the lone run for the Cardinals (30-17) in the fifth inning.  

Indiana State (33-13) was able to surmount a 2-1 lead in the first inning and grew to 3-1 in the third inning. In the fourth inning, Indiana State was able to drive in four runs in the inning. 

Junior Will Jacobson started on the mound for the Cardinals and fell to 0-1 on the year after the loss. He threw for 2 ⅔ innings with two strikeouts

Sophomore Brennyn Cutts started on the mound for the Sucamore and pitched five innings, moving to 2-3 on the season. He had five strikeouts and gave up one earned run on four hits.

Senior Adam Tellier went 1-3 at the plate, going 1-3 with 1 run. Nick Gregory went 1-2 at the plate and led the Cardinals. 

Ball State will return to Ball Diamond at First Merchants Ballpark for a three-game Mid-American Conference series against Miami (Ohio). The first game will start on May 12 at 3 p.m.