Wapahani’s Isaac Andrews Named to futures game

Guard Isaac Andrews on Futures Game Roster Along With Junior All-Stars

SELMA, INDIANA.---A historic season for Wapahani Boys Basketball that saw them winning their first regional title in program history. 

Now, junior guard, Isaac Andrews, will showcase his skills to the state in the Indiana Futures Game. The game features 24 of the best boys freshman, sophomore and junior players in the state. 

Andrews’ averages this past season with the Raiders included 17.8 PPG, 6.3 RPG, 5.0 APG and 2.1 SPG on efficient shooting splits. This additionally earned him a spot on the Indiana Junior All-Star team, where he will play against the Senior All-Stars from around the state. 

“I think I just want to go there and have some fun,” Andrews said. 

Wapahani Head Coach, Matt Luce, has high praise for Andrews saying, “It’s a huge recognition for Isaac, his family and our basketball program.” 

Andrews and the Raiders capped off their impressive season 25-2 with all wins being consecutive. 

“You have a 25 win season, and you win 4 championships this year,” Luce said, “There’s a reason for it, we have good players.”

The Junior-Senior All-Star game is scheduled for June 7 at a yet to be determined location. The Futures Game is set for 2 p.m. on June 10 at Gainbridge Fieldhouse. 

“Keep it up, and just enjoy the time because it goes by fast,” Andrews said, regarding the upcoming events. 

Contact Jake Garcia with comments at jaycob.garcia@bsu.edu