North Hall to receive new name

North Hall is located in the north residential neighborhood and was established in 2020. Beginning in Fall 2023, it will be renamed Jack Beyerl Residence Hall. Miguel Naranjo, DN

At the beginning of the 2023 fall semester, North Hall will be named the Jack Beyerl Residence Hall, according to the Office of Housing and Residence Life.

The decision was made Dec. 16, 2022, when Ball State Vice President Emeritus for Student Affairs Jack Beyerl was honored for his contributions to the university with the renaming of a residence hall.

Beyerl was the first Vice President Emeritus for Student Affairs and held the position for 35 years. He oversaw the expansion of Ball State's residence halls in the 1950s and 1960s and was an advocate for comprehensive services for students with disabilities.

The Office of Housing and Residence Life said that it is now proactively using the "Beyerl" name in reference to North Hall. There will be a ceremony held in the fall for the official renaming of Jack Beyerl Residence Hall.

Contact the News Section with comments at news@bsudailynews.com or on Twitter @bsudailynews.