David Letterman to return to Ball State for premiere of documentary

The documentary, 'Clear Reception', shares story of Letterman's love for Ball State's glass art program

David Letterman poses for a photo with Charlie Cardinal Feb. 9 in the Robert Bell Building at Ball State University. Letterman visited campus to celebrate the Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing Esports partnership. Eli Houser, DN

David Letterman will return to Ball State May 1 for the premiere of the documentary 'Clear Reception', Ball State President Geoffrey S. Mearns announced via email Thursday.

The documentary showcases Letterman's interest in Ball State's glass art program, and is the result of a combined project between the College of Communication, Information, and Media and the College of Fine Arts.

"It's always an honor when Mr. Letterman chooses to return to campus," Mearns said. "We are fortunate that he maintains a relationship with our University and that he continues to have a passion for engaging with our students."

Letterman, a 1969 graduate of Ball State, will open up the premiere with remarks and then participate in an interview with the producer and director of the documentary — both are students.

The premiere will take place Monday, May 1 at 7 p.m. in Emens Auditorium. The event is free and is open to the public.

Contact the News Section with comments at news@bsudailynews.com or on Twitter @bsudailynews.