John Paddock set to leave Ball State Football

Junior quarterback John Paddock braces to throw the football at game against Murray State at Scheumann Stadium Sept. 17. Paddock had 3 touchdowns. Emma Matlock, DN

John Paddock is set to leave Ball State Football, the quarterback announced on Twitter.

"I am deeply thankful for the opportunity that I've had to pursue my athletic academic careers at Ball State University over the past 5 [sic] years," Paddock said. "My coaches, teammates, friends and the university have been extraordinarily supportive. The relationships I have built will stick with me for the rest of my life. I have nothing but love and respect for the city of Muncie, Ball State University and the people who have welcomed me here. For this, I am forever grateful."

The redshirt junior has one year remaining of NCAA eligibility and started for the Cardinals this season as they went 5-7 and missed out on bowl eligibility.

Paddock threw for 2,713 yards, 18 touchdowns and 14 interceptions in his first year as the starting quarterback for Ball State.

In addition to Paddock, redshirt freshman Chayce Bishop, who has yet to see playing time at Ball State, has also entered the transfer portal according to his Twitter post.

Contact The Daily News Sports section at sports@bsudailynew.com or on Twitter @dn_sports.