The Alt Performance at Pruis Hall

A performance at Pruis Hall

MUNCIE, IN. - On Thursday, Sept. 15, the Irish folk musical group, The Alt, performed. Group members Nuala Kennedy, John Doyle and Eamon O’Leary are brought together by friendship and folk music to perform some traditional tunes.  

The group first gathered to rehearse in Ireland, and they decided to spread their love for Irish music by touring the world and performing.  

“I love traveling and seeing the beautiful country and performing” and “it’s been great to get back out there, since the world shut down for a while,” Kennedy said.  

Kennedy also said that “seeing all the people in the audience is really great.”  

The group started touring in 2015 and their September 2022 tour ended on Sept. 18, at the Michigan Irish Music Festival.  

The Alt’s performance was part of the Coffee and Cabernet series at Pruis Hall, where you can listen to world-class artists and musicians, while sipping on some coffee or wine and craft beer for ages 21 and over. The next Coffee and Cabernet performance is on Oct. 27, featuring an acapella group out of Zimbabwe,  Nobuntu. You can get tickets at the Emens box office or online at ticketmaster.com.  

For more information about The Alt, visit @cultureireland, @johndoyle, @nualakennedymusic, and @thealtmusic on Facebook! 

Contact Lindley Steele with comments at lindley.steele@bsu.edu